Saturday, September 15, 2007

I think that the ARCS motivation model works wih children. I agree that children are not motivated enough and just do what they can to get by and don't put their all into most things. I used to think: when am I ever going to use this in life, and therefore didn't put as forth much effort because I felt that I would never need it. There was also times when I felt that I just could not do certain problems because of the way they looked. The only thing that motivated me and encouraged me were my goals. I knew I wanted to achieve them, so I knew what I had to do.

I have acquired news skills such as working the justifying tool sonce posting my last blog. Before, I thought that it was just another alignment tool that was there for no specific purpose. I learned how to add pictures to a document and put them in a certain spot. These skills will help me when I am a teacher because I can create documents that are set up more children friendly.

My mom always says to me, "I don't know why you want to become a teacher, all the mess you put your teachers through." This is very funny to me because when I was younger, I was the most horrible student a teacher could've ever tried to teach. I did it all; the smart mouth, talking while the teacher was talking, yelling, causing problems. You name it, I've done it. I've given some of my teachers the hardest time ever. My second grade teacher quit teaching after we got our first report cards. I knew it was because of me. I was a demon child. One day, I was chewing and smacking on my gum, blowing bubbles, and just interrupting his lesson and he told me to spit the gum out. I got up, walked very slow to the trash can making so much noise, and he yelled, "Jaleesa just spit the gum out." So I spit the gum on the floor and walked back to my seat and did my work! I was horrible.

No comments: