Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Blog 5

Evaluating educational technology is very important. I agree with this because there are some games that are made and are deemed as educational, but in all reality are not educational and do not teach children anything. It is also important to integrate technology into the classroom. A good example could be talking about colleges and having the kids research their school of choice. Or another way, you could do a project that requires them to pick out software that is and is not appropriate for the classroom.

I never knew what a wiki was until doing it in this class and I'm glad I found it, because I always used that as my number one website. But when I found out that other people add to it, it made me research the subject at hand even more. Wikis will be helpful in the future because I can make a page about Michael Jordan and his accomplishments that could possibly have an erroe. My students could go through and correcct this error. Or there could be something important that I could have left out and one of my students could add to it!


I have been thinking now that I maybe want to be a psychologist. I'm not sure. Maybe a child psychologist. I don't know. I've added psychology as my minor to go with Elementary Education, but I'm not sure if I should. I know I want to work with children, I want to be in a situation where I am helping them. I don't know what I should do! I know for a FACT that I want to be a teacher though! HELP ME!!!

No comments: